Wondering what to wear to a Wilder Still Senior Photography Session?! I get it, this is one of the BIGGEST moments in your (or your child’s if you’re a parent reading this)! You want to make sure you’re wearing something that reflects who you are at this exact moment in time but still look good on camera. I gotchu, keep reading :p
- Be COMFORTABLE If you don’t like wearing fitted/tight clothing, DON’T wear it to your session! If you are self conscious in a certain type of dress, shirt, or outfit, DON’T wear it. Try to choose something that makes you feel good and confident! Also, we will be doing a lot of different poses – standing, sitting, walking, laying on the ground, some movements could be difficult if you aren’t comfortable!
- Think BRIGHT & BOLD I love color in a photograph! Black and white tend to wash out a persons skin tone and we definitely don’t want that! Try to choose colors that compliment your skin tone, eyes, and even hair color! Try to choose colors that POP – think royal blue, emerald green, bright purples, pinks, and even oranges and yellows!
- Add LAYERs In the colder months, I don’t want you freezing, bc that will never look good in photos! Plus adding layers can look AMAZING if done right. Adding a vest over a flannel or a leather jacket over a cute top will keep you warm and be super cute too! It can even give the opportunity for different super cute posing options as well. Even in the summer months, adding a jean vest or light cardigan could add more dimension to your photos!
- TEXTURES Don’t be afraid to add some texture in there somewhere. Like a chunky cable knit sweater, or a sparkly dress. Have fun and play around a bit here!
- ACCESSORIZE Throw on some super cute earrings, a hat, a long necklace, a scarf, or even some super cute bright shoes! Even a floral crown would be GORGEOUS and make your photos unique to you and your style!
- MIX IT UP Most senior sessions get 2-3 outfit chagnges, so mix it up. Have a classic, elegant outfit, a fun casual outfit, or even an outfit that announces what college you will be attending! You could even do a sports outfit, or an outfit representing band or orchestra, or whatever club you were involved. Think about what makes you, YOU, and work with that!
Most importantly be YOU and HAVE FUN!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. Ready to book your Wilder Still Senior Photography Session?! Click HERE!